Sunday, July 8, 2007

Week 2

Hey!

My name's Lana and I'll be monitoring the blog this week. I work at the Milliken Mills library where I run the branch TAG… Let me know if you’re interested, we’re always looking for new members!

The theme for this week is movie tie-in books. Can you think of any movies you've seen that were based on a book? Have you seen The Pursuit of Happyness, Children of Men, or Freedom Writers? They were all based on a book!

Although you don't have to read books that have been made into movies this week, you might be surprised to find how many movies are actually based on a book. If you're looking for some reading ideas, check out the following website called Based on the Book: http://www.mcpl.lib.mo.us/readers/movies/

2 comments:

Markham Public Libraries Teen Staff said...

Hey Lana:

What is your favourite movie?

One of my favourite sports movies of all time is League of Our Own.

Even though it is a bit old, I loved Titanic.

Shawshank Redemption was one of my other favourites.

Mothman Prophecies scared me.

I generally love anything by Drew Barrymore. The one where she has amnesia made me cry. First Kiss was also so cute.

Some movies I just love the music and could watch again and again such as My Best Friends Wedding.

Okay Lana and friends what are your favourites?

Catherine

Markham Public Libraries Teen Staff said...

sorry, Lana.

I forgot it was movie tie in week.

Anything by John Grisham that has been made into a movie is great: The Client, The firm.

Cider House Rules was not as good as the book.

The Notebook, The Letter by Nicholas Sparks are also good choices.

We discussed this one last year on blog but what was better, the book, Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants or the movie?

Catherine